The York Revolution's Tylor Toll knows how to put together a great party. As the Hospitality & Group Sales Coordinator at PeoplesBank Park, she gets paid to do it. With the season for holiday parties, end-of-year office celebrations, and other festivities quickly approaching, we tapped Tylor for tips on planning the perfect event:
1. Think about the type of atmosphere you are trying to create – do you want people mingling for a cocktail hour or seated for lunch or dinner? This helps to guide the creation and execution of the event.
2. Don’t forget the festivities – decorations, games/activities, someone to help facilitate the event that day.
3. Food requires more details than you think – everything from item selection to service time. Do you have any vegetarians? Vegans? Kids?
4. Tailor the room to the size of your event – utilize all the space for large gatherings, or section areas off for more intimate settings.
5. Make sure the situation flows – from entrance point, to buffet line, to dinner seats, to dancing, if that’s your fancy.
6. Music sets the mood – even a little background music really makes a difference.
7. All good things must come to an end, including the adult drinks. PA state law requires an end time for public events so the bar can stop service 30 minutes prior to that time.
8. Audio and visuals brighten up the room – anything from a slide show to a group message or a PA announcer for the night can really encourage group comradery.
9. Parking – a big event means a lot of cars! Make sure your guests have clear instructions on where they should and should not park.
10. Focus on the fun – enjoy yourself! It’s your party too!